Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Holding my Breath



Ahhh, the end of the RLBT is nearing an end. I find myself alternating between a state of calm acceptance of the craziness that is my life, during which I know that things can change until my husband walks through the door, and that I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. Then there are the times when I feel like a 5-year-old at Christmas, a 12-year-old waiting for my birthday, an 18-year-old waiting for that last summer break, all rolled into one. I'm holding my breath for these last couple of weeks, trying not to turn blue, and it is not easy.
Today I spent a large part of the day decorating for the "homecoming". It is fun that we live in a very small community, and we are all friends and neighbors. That means that the entire neighborhood is being decorated, and it looks great. There is no doubt that a large celebration is being had in everyone's life right now. I will post some pictures in the next day or so, but it is a wonderful sight to behold. In addition to my patriotic decoration, I also decorated our small covered porch on the front of the house. I put out some nice winter flowers (it's weird being in a place with "winter flowers"... heather, chrysanthemums, and asters, among others, will bloom all winter here), a pumpkin, and I made a little wreath for my door. It looks so nice I wonder why I haven't done more of this stuff!
I am also scurrying around the house trying to get some of the sorting and organizing I meant to do over the last 15 months done. Of course I never will finish it all, but hopefully my priorities can at least be finished. The house is currently at that stage where it looks worse than it did before I started though, with everything pulled out of its hiding place. Sigh. I'll catch up one day (hopefully before we pack up to move back to the States!)
It is also most definitely fall here. The fall weather is kinda dreary with lots of rain, but there are also sunny days in which to enjoy the beautiful show of foliage. I found an amazing leaf that has every color in it, and M got to enjoy a big pile of maple leaves .

1 comment:

The Gutsy Mom said...

That leaf is seriously amazing. I'm glad you got a picture of it. It's so hard NOT to hold your breath at times like this...you've described it perfectly...We just need to keeping holding on, holding on, we are almost there. And then we'll all exhale. (And possibly collapse in exhaustion.)