Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fall






Today was the first day that it truly feels like fall is in the air. It was chilly enough that I ran in tights and a jacket rather than shorts, and I found it necessary to don a fleece jacket more than once. I am excited that a new season is on its way, but a little sad because we never had a truly hot summer this year. I'm sure Jimmy would beg for the weather we are having, gut unfortunately it doesn't ship very well.

Marion got her first taste of fall too, and was enthralled by a drift of leaves on our sidewalk. The majority of the trees are still green, but every windy day drifts more yellow leaves along the roadside.
Jimmy and I also got ourselves a beautiful Spanish cabinet bar for our anniversary. It will be a multi-functional piece of furniture in our household. The picture is the cabinet still at the furniture store, but it does look lovely in our home.

1 comment:

The Gutsy Mom said...

It TOTALLY feels like fall. Downright cold out there. I think M is really going to enjoy it--more to explore!